Baked Snapper with Mandarin Oranges, Cashews and Ginger4
Snapper is baked with a deliciously spicy orange and ginger sauce then served with a garnish of chopped cashews and green onion.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets red snapper
- 2 mandarin oranges, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 mandarin oranges – peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Arrange the snapper fillets in a single layer in the bottom of a lightly greased shallow baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together the mandarin orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix in the red pepper flakes, ginger and chopped mandarin oranges. Pour over the snapper in the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is opaque. Transfer fillets to serving plates and spoon the sauce over them. Garnish with a sprinkle of cashews and green onion.