Mussels with Chilli, Wine and Garlic4
A simple way with mussels – easy to make and perfect for an entree or part of a seafood feast!
- 12-15 mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Herbie’s Spices Chilli Pasilla Powder
- ½ teaspoon Herbie’s Spices Nutmeg Ground
- 100mL dry white wine
- chopped fresh parsley for serving
- lemon segments for serving
- Scrub mussels and remove beards.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cook over low heat until garlic begins to colour, then add the mussels, chilli, nutmeg and wine. Keep over low heat, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the shells have opened. Discard any unopened shells.
- Tumble the mussels and sauce into a bowl, top with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the juices.