Scallops with Noodles and Oyster Sauce415mins5mins
This recipe tastes like something from a fine restaurant, but you can make it at home in less than 30 minutes and with a brilliant result. Try it!
- 200g packet Chang’s Egg Noodles
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, halved into florets and stems
- 24 scallops (without roe)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs Chang’s Oyster Sauce, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Cook the noodles according to packet directions, then drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of the peanut oil.
- Blanch the broccolini for 1 minute in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel, then brush with a little sesame oil. Heat the remaining peanut oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. When hot, add scallops in batches of 6. Cook for 1 minute each side until seared but still opaque in the centre. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water to the frypan and stir to combine. Return the scallops to the pan with the noodles and broccolini, and toss quickly to heat through. Toss through chilli, spring onion and coriander. Serve immediately, drizzled with extra oyster sauce.