We have the chef’s secrets on crispy-skinned salmon. With our clever tips you won’t have to go out for dinner!
- 4 (200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Steamed chat potatoes and salad leaves, to serve
- Place salmon, skin side up, on a plate. Drizzle with oil. Rub salt into skin.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn. Cook, covered for 4 to 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with potatoes and salad leaves.
- Chef’s tips: Crispy skin: Oil the fish, not the pan, to give the fish an even, crisp skin. If the pan is not hot enough the fish will stew and the skin won’t get crisp. To test, splash a drop of water in pan – if it immediately sizzles the pan is hot enough.