Whiting Fillets in Parmesan Crust with Fennel Remoulade6
Whiting Fillets Coated in a parmesan cheese crust lightly fried and served.
- 6 whiting fillets, each cut into 2-3 pieces
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85 gm (1¼ cups) sourdough breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan
- shallow-frying olive oil
- salad of baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges
- 3 bulbs (about 130gm each) baby fennel, trimmed, cut into julienne and tossed with 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup thick homemade mayonnaise
- 45 gm (¼ cup) finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp finely chopped French tarragon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- For fennel remoulade, combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dust whiting in rice flour and shake away excess. Dip in egg and toss in combined breadcrumbs and parmesan. Heat a frying pan filled with 1cm of olive oil, then shallow-fry whiting for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with fennel remoulade, a salad of baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges.